Opportunities Outside the Classroom/Culture Capital
Students attend a variety of theatres, (local, college and regional) to watch live dance and theatre and use this as part of their learning. Previous trips have included visits to see:
- Wicked – Liverpool Empire
- Rambert Dance Company – Lowry Theatre
- Phoenix Dance Theatre – Liverpool Playhouse
- Matthew Bourne’s Edward Scissorhands – Liverpool Empire
- LIPA visit school and offer a variety of workshops to students in KS3 in the three Performing Arts disciplines.
- Students are provided with numerous opportunities to participate in workshops with professional artists, including from The Lowry Theatre CAT scheme.
Schemes of Work
- Students participate in a number of schemes of work which are relevant to today’s culture and society and allow for learning about the world around us and outside of dance.