37 hours per week term-time only + 2 weeks
Grade 3 £19,945 – £20,741 per annum, pro rata
1-year Fixed Term in the first instance
The Academy is seeking to appoint a Science Technician to join our enthusiastic and committed Science team.
The successful candidate must:
- Under the (overall) control of the Head of Science, co-ordinate the use of practical resources and facilities and provide assistance and advice in the practical needs of the science curriculum, including liaising with teaching staff and support staff outside the department.
- Ensure and promote the maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment through:
- Actively contributing to the assessment, monitoring and review of both health and safety procedures and information resource;
- Keeping up to date with current procedures and practices through continuing professional development;
- the provision of technical advice and support on health and safety issues to teaching and technical staff;
- the safe treatment and disposal of used materials including hazardous substances and responding to actual or potential hazards;
- the healthy and safe storage and accessibility of equipment and materials.
- To contribute to the design, development and maintenance of specialist resources and/or long-term projects and offer professional guidance, assistance and support to students and teachers on the practical aspects of the curriculum.
- To ensure the availability of suitable materials and equipment, compiling orders and liaising or negotiating with suppliers and finance departments. This will include sourcing, costing and suggesting economic alternatives to maintain stock levels. Keeping up-to-date records of stock.
- Under the (overall) guidance of the Head of Science, to ensure that both routine and non-routine checking, cleaning, maintenance, calibration, testing and repairing of equipment are carried out to the required standard.
Job Description Science Technician
Person Specification Science Technician
Further information and an application form can be found on the Academy website;
Please send completed (Support Staff) application form to Mrs Jayne Hayes, Personnel Manager, at the below address. Alternatively they can be e-mailed to: email@example.com. Strictly no CV’s, application forms only
Closing date for applications is Friday 16 August 2019 at 12.00 noon.
Interviews to be held Week Commencing 19th August 2019.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion.
Ormiston Chadwick Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students, this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.