KS3 students follow the Ark Mastery curriculum which covers:
- Year 7: Dickens’ Oliver Twist, Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Poetry Anthology, modern novel and grammar lessons.
- Year 8: Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, Shakespeare’s The Tempest, Orwell’s Animal Farm and grammar lessons.
- Year 9: Bronte’s Jane Eyre, Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, Poetry Anthology, study of non-fiction, and grammar lessons.
KS4 students follow the EDUQAS English Language Specification and the AQA English Literature Specification which cover:
- 20th Century Literature Reading and Creative Writing
- 19th and 21st Century Non-Fiction Reading and Transactional Writing
- Spoken Language
- Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet
- Priestley’s An Inspector Calls
- Dickens’ A Christmas Carol
- Poetry Anthology
- Unseen poetry
English Overview 2020
(LINK TO KS3 CURRICULUM) https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-curriculum-in-england-english-programmes-of-study
(EDUQAS LINK) https://www.eduqas.co.uk/qualifications/english-language-gcse/#tab_overview
(AQA LINK) https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/gcse/english-literature-8702